Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP) from Indian Post Office

by admin on March 9, 2010. Updated November 1, 2010

Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP) from Indian Post Office, 6.6 out of 10 based on 26 ratings
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 6.6/10 (26 votes cast)

Money doubles in 8 years and 7 months. Facility for premature encashment as per the table given below (for the KVP purchased on or after 1st March 2003).

After

7 years 6 months or more but less than 8 years

1781.06

8 years or more but less than 8 years 7 months

1850.93

Investment Limits and Denominations

No limit on investment.
Available in denominations of Rs.100,Rs. 500/-, Rs. 1,000/-, Rs. 5,000/-, Rs. 10,000/- in all post offices and Rs. 50,000/- in Head  Post Offices.

Features and Tax Rebate

A Single Holder type certificate may be issued to:
    An adult for himself or on behalf of a minor or to a minor
    Can be purchased jointly by two adults
    A Trust. Interest accrued on early basis for Tax purposes.

The Govt. of Maharashtra has declared the KVP as a "Public Security" under the provision of Mumbai Public Trust Act. 1950.

Interest accrued on yearly basis will be taken as income  for Income Tax purposes

+Admin

Email ID:

Those who found this page were searching for:

kisan vikas patra redemption,kisan vikas patra,www uidai gov in,aadhar card,aadhaar,kvp post office,post office kisan vikas patra,post office kvp,uidai,india post office

{ 45 comments… read them below or add one }

ankesh May 19, 2010 at 5:04 pm

how limit for kvp  now  please tell me sb a/c withral limit per day or per month

gautam kanjilal June 27, 2010 at 12:53 pm

Does the Post Office pay some interest on overdue KVPs, i.e. if there is delay in applying for redemption of KVPs and NSCs ?

Jigna71 December 10, 2010 at 6:54 am

what if the kvp is lost how do we get a duplicate issued the sureity required can be arranged but again the account officers signature where the sureity works is a probem can a notary give sureity?

gkdoda December 12, 2010 at 3:48 am

You've full fill all the formalities like giving indemnity bond, bank verification etc. Check out the signature verification from your bank from post office.

For more details, you can visit our other website http://www.PaisaYehPaisa.com

Hum5 December 15, 2010 at 1:22 am

I have kisan Vikas patra, that are held under the name of my sister.
They are now matured.
I would like to cash them now. She does not want to return to India.
What are my choices to cash these notes.
Your comments please.

gkdoda December 15, 2010 at 5:45 am

Her signature is must to encash Kisan Vikas Patra. She can send the signed form by courier to you and then you can deposit that in post office to encash.

Hope it will help you.

Ravi December 31, 2010 at 1:47 pm

IS INTEREST ON KISAN VIKAS PATRA EXEMPTED FROM INCOME-TAX

gkdoda December 31, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Interest from kisan vikas patra is taxable. You may also like to visit our other website http://www.PaisaYehPaisa.com to get more information about Indian Post Office schemes.

Hope it will help you.

Geetha January 8, 2011 at 8:33 am

I find in many sites that KVP can be withdrawn
1. Within 1 year without interest
2. Between 1 and 2.5 years at a specified rate of interest. Can someone clarify if this is true?

gkdoda January 12, 2011 at 9:46 am

If the premature encashment takes place within a period of one year from the date of purchase of the certificate, only the face value of the certificate shall be payable. No interest is payable in this case.

After the expiry of one year, but before two years and six months from the date of the issue of the certificate, the face value of the certificate together with simple interest at the specified rate for the completed months for which the certificate has been held, shall be payable.

If a certificate is encashed any time after expiry of two-and-a-half years, the amount payable is as specified by the government from time to time.

The following link will also help you.

Mmaphy February 25, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Can I get the money in cash from Kishn Vikash Patra after completion of the term?

gkdoda February 26, 2011 at 6:42 am

No, you'll get the cheque in the name of investor.
Hope it will help you.

Dillibabu_db December 1, 2011 at 3:07 pm

I have purchased KVP and that near to get mature by next year. however,that maturity amount they will send or we need to remaind same postoffice.can any one help.plz . Babu

gkdoda December 2, 2011 at 7:20 am

You've to visit post office branch with original KVP and your ID proof. You need to submit form also there, provided by them.
Hope it will help you.

Rajnish_gvr December 10, 2011 at 12:31 pm

how can i verify online my kisan vikas patra registration no

gkdoda January 5, 2012 at 10:05 am

There is no way to check it online. For any doubt, you need to contact you post office branch.
Hope it will help you.

Uma Ramesh August 27, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I have kisan vikas patra purchased by my father who is not alive now.we do not know about the nominee details and Kvp got matured.what should i do now to encash the amount.please help me in this case…

admin August 28, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Get in touch with the post office authorities and check for nominee details. Do carry your original documents like your PAN card, ration card, death certificate of your father etc.

Pravinchandra Varu August 29, 2012 at 10:13 am

I WONT TO KNOW THE PROSS.OF DUPLICATE KVP.

khalid November 25, 2012 at 6:12 pm

i want to buy kissan vikas patra certificate , kindly help me out. . Khalid Ashraf . House 320/4 Sanjay Nagar Jammu

admin November 26, 2012 at 8:10 am

Please contact some post office agent near by your area or search yellow pages of your city. Buying kisan vikas patra online is not possible.

sameer November 26, 2012 at 1:02 pm

my grandmother bought some kvp, now they are fully matured, but due to her age, she has amnesia problems,and cannot remember most of the things. how can I en-cash them now pls comment.

sameer November 26, 2012 at 1:47 pm

is it possible to get cash for kvp, which are in total amount to 1lakh(maturity amount 2lakh) but in denominations of 10, 000 each as my grandmother cannot opperate a bank account and she dosent have one, and I’m her care taker now. pls comment

admin November 29, 2012 at 9:31 am

No. She will get cheque. She can still open bank account at this age. It’s not a big task.

admin November 29, 2012 at 9:30 am

She needs to sign the documents as required or take thumb expression with witness signatures as required in the format of post office. Get in touch with post office branch for more details.

Bindeshwari December 7, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Whether kvp is transferable to other person?

admin December 14, 2012 at 4:16 pm
Pratima sarkar December 13, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Kindly let me know what document required to enchashment my kvp its transfer to w.b to u. What formalities need. Thankyou

admin December 14, 2012 at 4:17 pm

KVPs are encashable only at the issuing Post Office. In the event of the certificate being presented for encashment at any other Post Office the paying Post Office will insist on the identity slip issued to the holder at the time of purchase which should be provided.

Rahul Jain December 14, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I have 20 nos kvp amount rs 200000…but the problem is all the kvp is from khagda murshidabad (w.b) and I m in ttps lalpania bokaro (jharkhand).and I want payment in lalpania…….so what is the procedure to get the payment.my all the kvp is being mature on 5/5/12……..so please help me and give me the form to claim my mature amount.

admin December 20, 2012 at 7:54 pm

You can get the form from the post office. Make the photocopy of all the documents and submit the original to post office lalpania. They will send the documents to Khagda for verification. Once they get it verified, you’ll get your money.

Smita January 4, 2013 at 10:41 pm

My Kisan Vikas Patras matured in June 2012. I currently live out of India and do not expect to travel anytime soon. What will happen to the money invested? Will it be safe and I can encash it at a later date?

eshita January 7, 2013 at 1:09 am

i have no account in post office……bt i want to buy a kvp….how can i do this.pls tell me……

Sanjeev Dutt January 7, 2013 at 10:57 am

Is it possiblem to know my kvp no through my pan no as I lost my kvp bond

sudheer January 7, 2013 at 8:39 pm

is the Money doubles in 8 years and 7 months is running now?.
i want to purchase some kvp ………..

Vinodkumar January 30, 2013 at 11:21 am

Respected Sir/Madam,
My Mother purchased KVP from a PO in Mumbai. Now we are settled in Kerala. As the KVP got matured on 05/01/2013. How many days will it take for the amount to reach the PO in Kerala? My mother has submitted all the relevant documents on 08/01/3013 to PO (Kerala).My Mother had approached the PO twice after 15 days . The response was that the amount has not reached the PO in Kerala. Requesting your privileged guidance on the procedure to be followed ?

Herin Dedhia January 30, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Hi,
My grandmother has registered for this scheme.Now we want to encash the amount,but the problem is my grandmother is not in a position to walk.So do we require her presence at time of encashment. What documents will be required for this?
Also she has registered for this scheme at Bhidhada(Kutch-Gujarat).But can we encash from a Different Post Office which is located nearby our resident.
What document will be required in this process?

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous February 2, 2013 at 2:20 pm

I lost my KVP what is the procedure of claiming the same.

R Shetty February 11, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Dear Sir

I have KVP matured in Dec 2012, I have given a power of attorney (duly stamped & signed by Indian consulate) to my brother in law, to collect the cheque on my behalf.

the local post master in Dombivili Thane ( dist), keep saying he is waiting for approval from regional office, can you pls tell me how long does it take for this process.

Joy Biswas February 23, 2013 at 10:06 am

I have a kisan vikas patra and it had already mature on 7.6.2005 the owner of the kisan vikas patra is not here he is in abroad. He will never come here. I want to withdraw this amount. So what is the right procedure? Please send me.

Srinivasan March 12, 2013 at 5:11 pm

Dear Sir / Madam,

I already have one KVP and now i want to buy one more, but when i approached madippakkam branch they say that it is closed, please cofirm.

Karan Batra March 15, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Is the Interest received on Kisan Vikas Patra exempted from Tax or is tax liable to be paid on the interest income ?

Hoping for a prompt response..

Sandesh Kumar March 19, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Hi,

My father bought some of these in 2002 and I believe they are due to mature in September 2013. He has recently passed away, I am a NRI, do I just wait to cash these in in September, and what is the process for this?

Manish Srivastav April 3, 2013 at 7:37 am

how i can know my details of rd account i want to open a fd in post office which scheme i can take plz help me by email

Naresh June 12, 2013 at 10:57 am

Matured amount from post office saving a/c will be exempted or not, ? if yes, so under which section of IT Act, 1961.